CampusCare covers treatment for coronavirus/COVID-19 in the same way it does all other illnesses. If you have CampusCare you can review the plan’s summary of benefits on our website at www.campuscare.uic.edu.
Students who are feeling ill or suspect that they could have coronavirus/COVID-19 should first call their CampusCare primary care provider:
Chicago: University of Illinois Physician Group, Department of Family Medicine at (312) 996-2901
Peoria: UnityPoint Clinic Family Medicine at (309) 672-4977
Rockford: University Medical Services at (815) 395-5870 or University Family Health Center at (815) 972-1000
For additional questions, you may contact CampusCare directly at email@example.com.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic CampusCare has implemented the following in effect starting March 15, 2020 through December 31, 2020, CampusCare will re-evaluate for continuation.
CampusCare will cover telehealth & e-visits with NO COPAYMENT. Students must contact their in-network primary care provider or in-network specialty physicians to set up telehealth & e-visits for their health care needs. All members must establish a provider relationship prior to any referrals or treatment. This can currently be done remotely via a telehealth visit. Call your in-network PCP for an appointment.
Out of Network Care:
Please contact your primary care physician at Family Medicine for direction on all non-emergent care. Out-of-network care authorized by your in-network primary care physician will be assessed at an in-network cost share and copayment. All members must establish a provider relationship prior to any referrals or treatment. This can currently be done remotely via a telehealth visit. Call your PCP for an appointment.
Flu Vaccination and Administration is covered at 100% with no copay.
If you receive your flu vaccination at the University of Illinois you will have no payment.
If you would like to go to a Walgreens Pharmacy to receive your flu shot, at no charge to you, please contact CampusCare administration at firstname.lastname@example.org with your UIN and Full name so that we can provide you with a personalized voucher that you will present at the time of service at Walgreens. CampusCare will cover this at 100%.
If you receive your flu vaccination at an Out-of-Network provider you will need to pay for your services upfront and submit the following information to our claims department for 100% reimbursement. Please contact your PCP at Family Medicine prior to seeking out-of-network services.
* The original receipt, itemized to show the vaccine charge
* A cover letter requesting reimbursement which includes your Name and UIN
*Pharmacy identification sheet (If received at a pharmacy)
*Invoice or claim that identifies the services (If received at an Urgent Care or Clinic)
Please mail all information to:
PO Box 8030
Westchester, IL 60154
Please note that Out-of-Network claims may take up to 30 days to mail out your check
COVID-19 Viral Lab Testing is covered at 100% with no copay.
- Pharmacies are able to process new and refill prescriptions from in-person and telehealth appointments provided by UI Health providers.
- University Village Pharmacy is open M, Tu & F: 8:30AM-5:30PM Wed: 9am-5:30PM and Thurs 8:30Am-7PM. Call the pharmacy 312-355-2345 for specific prescription needs and to schedule your pick-up.
- Mail Order: Please call University Village Pharmacy at 312-355-2345 to schedule a mail order prescription delivery with no delivery fee. *Some exclusions apply.
- EEI/Taylor Street Pharmacy M-F 8:30AM-5:15PM.
- Rockford & Peoria students can contact their in-network pharmacy for curb side prescription pick up.
- Students can still pick up their prescription at out of network pharmacies and submit a claim for reimbursement. Please see our claims page for further information on how to request reimbursement.