Member Rights & Responsibilities
Member Rights & Respobnsibilities Heading link
- Be treated with respect and dignity at all
- Have your personal health information and medical records kept private except where allowed by
- Be protected from
- Receive information on available treatment options and alternatives, regardless of cost or benefit
- Receive information necessary to be involved in making decisions about your healthcare treatment and
- Refuse treatment and be told what may happen to your health if you
- Receive a copy of your medical records and in some cases request that they be amended or
- File a complaint (sometimes called a grievance), or appeal without fear of mistreatment or backlash of any
- Request and receive in a reasonable amount of time, information about CampusCare, its providers and polices.
- Treat your doctor and the office staff with courtesy and respect.
- Treat CampusCare staff with courtesy and respect.
- Carry your CampusCare ID card with you when you go to your doctor appointments and to the pharmacy to pick up your prescriptions.
- Keep your appointments and be on time for
- If you cannot keep your appointments, cancel them in
- Follow the instructions and treatment plan you get from your doctor and agree with goals to provide better care for your health.
- Understand your health status and participate in developing mutually agreed-upon treatment goals to the degree
- Read the CampusCare Certificate of Coverage and be aware of your benefits, so you know what services are covered and if there are any special
- Knowing if you are enrolled and eligible and the dates of coverage for each term.
- Making sure your annual waiver is submitted each academic year.